AVATAR PICTURES ARE BACK: Alert and How to Add or Change

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      rparentsrparents
      Keymaster

Avatars are back. PLEASE remember that you MAY NOT use a photograph of yourself. Your avatar should be an image that is not identifiable to you. Rejected Parents.net will not be responsible if your personal picture or an identifiable one is used. It is not the site’s responsibility to patrol the avatars to enforce this rule (if you see someone who makes this mistake, please use the contact form to give a heads up –be sure to include the member’s user name in your correspondence. The avatar plugin in set to display a nature photo for anyone who does not upload their own choice.

Please refer to your welcome emails to add an avatar, or use the instructions below.  If you have any trouble, DO NOT reply in this thread. It’s not a discussion thread. Instead, use the contact form (or reply to an email from me). Be sure to put avatar in the subject line. Thank you. — Sheri

Updated instructions to add an avatar (which is a small picture that shows when you post in the forum).

Important Rules:
      *Make sure your avatar is rated “G” for a general audience
      *Do not use a photo that is identifiable to you. No photo of yourself. Not a photo that is your avatar/gravatar for any other online space. Not your estranged adult child, etc.
      –we are attempting to maintain anonymity

Choose a photo you take specifically for this site, or choose clip art or some such. It can be something saved on your computer or phone. Don’t steal from anyone’s website. You could use something generic from an image site that allows this if you wish.

You will need to upload the image for use in the forum, and do that, you will go into the forum and click on your username from a posting.

From there, follow these steps:

Click the word “profile.”
      Click on the word “edit.”
      You will need to scroll down to the word “avatar,” which is close to the bottom.
      Click on the term “choose file,” which will then bring up files from your computer.
      Locate the image you have chosen and you can double click on it.
      The name you have given your avatar appears next to the term “‘choose file.”
      Scroll down to find the term “‘update profile.” Click that, and you are finished.

Or, as member SimplifyPlease once said when she posted similar instructions to help people in the forum: Voila! ENJOY!

Thank you.

Sheri McGregor

Participant

Hi

I have tried to follow these instructions but when I click on profile it just loops around to ‘You are not signed in’. I sign in and so the loop continues. Can you help?

Thanks

rparentsrparents
      Keymaster

The avatar plugin recently updated. The entire wordpress core will be updating within 24 hours. Sometimes there is an adjustment between plugins, apps, themes, etc., that takes place with updates. Please give it a couple of days and try again.

Thank you for your patience.

Sheri McGregor

IamWoundedIamWounded
      Participant

waiting until my daughter gets home for this.
      shes great with computer stuff.

IamWounded!

IamWoundedIamWounded
      Participant

my daughter showed me how to put a picture in my
      profile and it was easy.

LeWellLeWell
      Participant

Hi. I just uploaded my avatar picture and it is sideways and there doesn’t seem to be a way to reorient it. Suggestions?

Thank you

Participant

I cant add pics or anything. On my profile. It says iam not logged in but when i do it tells me ur already online ?

rparentsrparents
      Keymaster

Nicegirl, if you’re having troubles, please use the contact form so we can talk specifically in email. I can help, but I will need more specifics. Here’s the way to the form. Just open a dialogue through the form with a few details and I’ll email you back

Contact

Sheri

JJ
      Participant

This is a problem I have had until I figured out AFTER you log in, then click back on to COMMUNITY and you will see on the rt that you are logged in. It seems like you are leaving the page but it will keep your info in the background, then show it when you open the new file. Then find your profile and go from there. People have posted many instructions on this,thanks to all, but as we know we are used to instant results when we click. Have a bit of patience with this, it is not something you are doing wrong, just an idiosyncrasy with this forum. And if your pic is sideways, remove it, and see how it is oriented in your file system, turn it around FIRST before you post it. Like you have to turn your camera before you save a pic when you add it to a text. Just my tidbits that have helped me.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.