HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

This topic contains 24 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by SummerRain SummerRain 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    SimplifyPlease
    SimplifyPlease
    Participant

I just turned 69 and I’m GLAD I know how I stand with my two estranged adult children. They never liked me and certainly don’t love me. That’s a fact with which I’m now completely at peace, thanks largely to this forum and Sheri’s book, ‘Done with the Crying’.

I didn’t dread today dawning (wondering if I’d receive a call, a card or whatever). I really don’t want to hear from them. Not at all. They’ve let me down and are a huge disappointment. I expected them to feel strongly about justice, to stand up for the underdog and generally adopt similar values to my own. I tolerated their selfishness for decades, pretending it wasn’t an issue. I praised them for each and every achievement, encouraged them to be ‘their own people’ and to believe in themselves, supported their life-choices – and in doing so, put up with incident after incident of disrespect, insensitivity and downright cruelty.

Hmph! Well, they’re the losers. They’ve lost me. Shame on them.

Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday dear SP, happy birthday to me 💖💐 🍰

rparents
    rparents
    Keymaster

Happy Birthday dear SP!

May I come to your party? My birthday just passed, and I am celebrating all this month! Why limit it to a day?

Yes, you did do all of those things. You were and are a good person and a good mother, a good neighbor, a good citizen of this Earth of ours.

What sort of cake will you eat? I had very dark chocolate with real whipped cream icing covered in the tinies chocolate shavings. It was wonderful … and it went to places on my body nobody should ever see. Oh well. You only live once.

I don’t have emojis on this keyboard, but I would like to give you a flower anyway.

@@@@
    @@( )@@
    @@@@
    /
    |
    |
    \|
    | /////

Happy Birthday!

Sheri McGregor

rparents
    rparents
    Keymaster

Ha ha. It lost the formatting a little when I hit submit, but you get it.

Sheri

SimplifyPlease
    SimplifyPlease
    Participant

Oh my goodness, Sheri! I definitely do get it! I had a mille feuille and coffee on my way home from a meeting. Same places, different body!

Imovinon
    Imovinon
    Participant

Happy birthday, SimplifyPlease. I hope you have a wonderful day. You have such a good heart and are such an asset to us here. I for one am very glad you were born. Even under the unimaginable pain of estrangement, your light shines bright and you have helped me and many others. So I am singing right along with you.
    🎶🎵🎶

Sheri, I love your flower. It took me back to high school (way back in the days when typing class was a requirement) and we were assigned to type pictures. That was fun. What a nice gift and so thoughtful. So you. (Way more work than just touching an emoji.) I hope your birthday was nice too. You deserve to enjoy every day of your birthday month. You have given and continue to give so much to so many hurting parents. Your light is so bright I would need to wear sunglasses if I ever got the privilege to meet you in person.
    🌻🌼🌷

My birthday is tomorrow, so happy birthday to us all!
    Here’s to us! May we enjoy this precious life we have been given.
    🥂

rparents
    rparents
    Keymaster

Imovinon,

You made me laugh! It’s not sunglasses you’d need if you ever met me. More like blinders! LOL. Seriously, yesterday I was so busy… I looked in the mirror and thought, sheesh, nobody told me I’d been running around like this?!

Happy early birthday! I hope you are making some plans to do just what you want — all month.

Any more February girls in the bunch?

Hugs,
    Sheri

Birdwatcher
    Birdwatcher
    Participant

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHERI, SIMPLIFY PLEASE, IMMOVINON, AND ME NEXT WEEK! YAY FOR FEBRUARY BIRTHDAYS!

9 MONTHS TODAY. That’s how long it’s been for ED and ESIL’s totally shocking actions! But, guess whatm? I’m not going to spend my day next week crying over them anymore! Nor will I be crying over my ES!

I have an energetic, sweet older neighbor, who’s had 2 heart attacks since Friday morning! It doesn’t look good for her at this point, and I’ll be very sad if the Lord takes her home! Then I’ll cry! Not for her great fortune of going to heaven, but for my neighborhood’s loss of a genuinely GOOD person! One of her AC is estranged from her too!

She’s shown me so much kindness and understanding! I’ll miss her greatly! She was my friend and I valued her and her friendship!

Her boys weren’t speaking to one another but this with their Mother has drawn them back together! But her ED has not been informed of her Mom’s heart attacks or being in the hospital. She’ll have to live with her regrets. And I don’t feel sorry for her. I do feel for her son’s. They’re broken hearted.

These kids today are something else! I just want tt to shake them! Or slap them silly!
    Well, I’ll get off my venting and ranting and soap box now! I just had to let it out!

Happy Birthday Everyone!🎂🍦🎈🎉🍫☺💗👍

(((Hugs))) XOXO
    Birdwatcher🐦

alyballybee
    Participant

Happy Birthday Ladies,
    Hope you all have /had wonderful days, you so deserve it
    Hugs Aly🎂🎂🎂🍷🍷🍷💐💐💐

Needothers
    Needothers
    Participant

Happy Birthday, to you!!!
    To SimplifyPlease, and to Sheri, and to Imovinon, and to Birdwatcher!

That is a great flower, Sheri. Gave me a welcome smile!

I am glad to know all of you. Thank you for being models of reclaiming some of our own well-earned happiness. We are people, too.
    We are important people, too.
    (The EC’s are not the only people in the whole entire world, as they sometimes seem to think, or even to be in our own minds. But truly, they are not the only people or the most important, to be considered or to enjoy life! )

Happy Birthday to anyone reading, with a February birth date! Try to find or do, or think, something nice for and about, yourself!

Mountaintop
    Mountaintop
    Participant

Wishing you SimplifyPlease, Sheri, and Imovinon a Fabulous Birthday!!!
    I hope you all share the day with wonderful loving people who know how special you all are!
    Hugs,

Mountaintop

AUSSIEMOM
    AUSSIEMOM
    Participant

Good wishes SP from me to you in a place a lot warmer than I am right now !! We’re in the midst of a winter’s snow storm while I’m sure you’re looking at lovely flowers and feeling the sunshine. Kids don’t always turn out as we’d hoped, but then, I wonder if my parents ever felt that way about me…adjusting, adjusting, still there for me, right through to the end of their lives. And yet, estrangement with our kids puts a different slant on family life, doesn’t it.
    Aussiemom

SimplifyPlease
    SimplifyPlease
    Participant

Happy birthday tomorrow, Imovinon! Happy birthday next week, Birdwatcher! Three cheers for Sheri’s amazingly creative flower (which I only just ‘got’, I have to confess – thought you were referring to unsightly body bits, Sheri, not the clever use of @s and /s etc).

Lots of 🤗 to all February mothers in this wonderful forum!

Sasha7133
    Participant

Happy Birthday, Ladies. My birthday is next week. No word from ED but did get a card from Esister!

MJmom
    Participant

Happy birthday to all February ladies!! It is tough to remember how we never missed celebrating our child’s special day, yet they act like ours is just a time to forget. How a simple call or card would give us joy. This past week has been a black comedy., My poor husband experienced the disrespect I have been subjected to for years. I bit my tongue from saying I told you so! See how awful your daughter is? Perhaps now we will have a more united front against her cruel behavior and the brunt isn’t just mine. Mjmom

sadlostbroken
    sadlostbroken
    Participant

Happy Birthday SP, it sounds like you have come to term with your new life and I am so proud of you for your accomplishments. I do have envy and hope some day I can be where you are. I still let the hurt and disappointment get me. I hope you enjoyed your day! Us Moms that sacrificed for so many years deserve it.

sadlostbroken
    sadlostbroken
    Participant

Happy Birthday SP, I hope you did something nice for yourself. Perhaps a mani pedi or a movie. When you paper yourself you know it’s the perfect gift!

Rainbow
    Participant

Sheri, SimplifyPlease and Birdwatcher and Imovinon Happy Birthday Ladies. All God’s Blessings on your special day. Sheri, my keyboard also lacks emojis but I certainly can send hugs
    (((((((((((((((( ))))))))))))))))) Love, Rainbow

Bumblebee
    Participant

Happy birthday SimplifyPlease and Sheri and hello everyone. You give me hope, I’m so glad I “met” all of you. Wishing you all so much love and joy.

Swoosh
    Swoosh
    Participant

Happy Birthday Simplifyplease! I hope you day was filled with laughter, fun, wonderful things 🙂

Swoosh
    Swoosh
    Participant

Oh my goodness! I just realized there are several February Birthdays. Happy Birthday to you all!

Lostinadream
    Lostinadream
    Participant

Happiest of Birthdays ladies!
    Hope your days were and will be filled with wonderful things, the cakes are a great start! Here’s to you 🎂🎉🎈🍾🎁 Lostinadream

delilah
    delilah
    Participant

Happy Birthday to you SP and have a wonderful year too. You’ve worked very hard for it all.

SimplifyPlease
    SimplifyPlease
    Participant

A very big ‘Thank you’ to everyone in this thread for the birthday wishes. Each of you will reach this place of acceptance one day … Truly … IT’S A PROCESS 😘

Meanwhile, slices of virtual birthday cake are here for the taking! 🍰It’s a lemon cheesecake, by the way. Yummee yummee yummee 😍

Happy birthday for next week, Sasha7133 💐

Needothers
    Needothers
    Participant

Yummy lemon cheesecake! Thank you for sharing it, and I will save a sliver of my large slice,
    for Sasha7133.

🙂

SummerRain
    SummerRain
    Participant

HAPPY BIRTHDAY & wishing you many happy and blessed more!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.