Website INFO

This topic contains 20 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Pepper Pepper 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
    rparents
    rparents
    Keymaster

Hi everyone,

There has been an issue with space, and the hosting company required the purchase of more for the site. I was not warned ahead, and everything was suspended before I knew what was going on. It has taken some time and professional IT assistance to get that added. In any event, there were some postings lost because of this. Linda74, your Guess What? topic was in the time period lost. I’m so sorry.

Tomorrow, Monday, the site will be receiving another layer of security as well–so if you cannot login for bits of time during the day tomorrow, just don’t worry. It’s all for the best in the long run.

I’m as frustrated as you are, believe me. But that’s how life is sometimes, and all will be well.

UPDATE: Tuesday, February 27, 2018—The added security layer is still not fully complete. Again, you may have a few bumps trying to login or post–don’t worry.

Hugs to you all,
    Sheri McGregor

delilah
    delilah
    Participant

Thanks Sheri for continuing to hold this site together for all of us.

Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Participant

Thanks for the info Sheri, and thanks for your support to us all.
    Best wishes
    Phoenix

TC
    TC
    Participant

Sheri, I know maintaining this forum takes true love, precious time, and dedication. Not to mention the cost in doing so. It takes a special person to do that. Thank you, Take Care

Rainbow
    Participant

Sheri, I join in with the others in saying THANK YOU for keeping this site up and running. Hugs sent your way. Rainbow

Einnov56
    Einnov56
    Participant

Thank you Sheri for all you efforts, words can not express how much you have helped us all here.

Hugs x

patient
    patient
    Participant

thank you sheri xx

Louise1963
    Louise1963
    Participant

Tried to post this yesterday–thank you so much Sheri for all you do. So glad the website has been “healed.”

BlueGiraffe60
    BlueGiraffe60
    Participant

Thank you for all your work on the website and support for those of us struggling with wounded hearts.

linda74
    linda74
    Participant

Sheri….. Mender of broken hearts….. God bless you…. Linda

pressing-on
    Participant

Yes, Sheri…count me with my heart-felt thank you. Thank you for all your time. Thank you for your book. Thank you for your updates. Thank you for this website.

This forum helps…thank you so much for keeping it going.

Respectfully,
    pressing-on

smookymom
    Participant

Thank-you for sharing that. I thought I was being techno illiterate. In fact, the site “scolded” me for trying to post the same thing twice…lol. I tend to give up easily but will hang in for a week or two to see if I can get involved.

Huh?
    Participant

Thank you SHERI-seems like the nicest moms & dads ever here. Who in the world would want to estrange people like this? It’s their (EC’S) loss big time.

DoTheNextRightThing
    Participant

Sheri, I just logged on (I am brand new), and wanted to choose an Avatar and introduce myself, but I couldn’t find those links. I referred back to the instruction page for Avatars, but nothing worked! I am not the world’s greatest computer expert, but is there a problem with the site currently?
    Thanks,
    DoTheNextRightThing

rparents
    rparents
    Keymaster

DoTheNextRightThing,

No. There is no issue. I am on my way out currently, but will be back later and try to help. In the future, please use the contact form or reply to one of my emails with regard to this sort of thing. In fact, if you do so now, it will help me get back in touch to help you with this.

Sheri

Remedy
    Remedy
    Participant

I am new and posted an introductory message. I hope to learn from all and am grateful for the book.

Creosote
    Creosote
    Participant

Not sure if this is the correct place to post.
    I’m new. Per the suggestions upon joining I wanted to try to stay anonymous. I see my picture is showing up. Thought it might be a google thing since that’s where I have it. I went and changed it there, but it’s not taking effect. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

rparents
    rparents
    Keymaster

Hello Creosote,

I gave you a different avatar .

Sheri McGregor

Pepper
    Pepper
    Participant

Hi Sheri
    Just a quick question . I don’t know if it’s because I’m in th UK but when I write a post there is a very long delay before it appears ?
    Is this normal am I doing anything wrong ?
    Thanks
    Pepper

rparents
    rparents
    Keymaster

Hi Pepper,

As is explained in the materials a member receives upon joining, ALL posts are moderated. Therefore there is a delay for all postings. This cuts down on the possibility of spam, haters, sploggers, etc.

Since you’re in the UK, it’s possible your delay is a little longer just because of the time difference. I may be sleeping when you post!

I try to check the posts periodically (on the go, from my phone) and approve often.

Sorry for any inconvenience, but it helps keep this community peaceful and foster a sense of safety.

HUGS,
    Sheri McGregor
    founder of the site and
    author of Done With The Crying: Help and Healing for Mothers of Estranged Adult Children

Pepper
    Pepper
    Participant

Thank you Sheri that is fine I understand completely.I want to say thanks for the site as at the moment it is my life line and read all the posts every day !!
    Love
    Pepper

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.