Whenever You Return – Poem

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • Author
      IsoIso
      Participant

So, I received Sheri’s book in the mail two days ago. Started reading it immediately. Somewhere between the book and reading this forum this poem was born.
      When You Return

WHEN YOU RETURN

Whenever you return,
      You will find me,
      I will always be here,
      Waiting,
      Because you will always be,
      My Baby.

Whenever you return,
      I’ll be waiting,
      Between now and then,
      I will LIVE,
      The best life I can possibly live,
      I will find a way to be happy,
      Though I’ll be missing you,
      Every day,

Between now and then,
      Somehow, I’ll find my old self,
      The me who existed,
      Who loved, cared for,
      And nurtured you,
      Before you became,
      The man you are today.

Whenever you return,
      You will find me,
      A fulfilled happy version of myself,
      Your absence,
      Will not,
      Define me.
      by Isocarb
      2/2/2019

Participant

A lovely poem!

DottyDotty
      Participant

Beautiful, Isocarb

💖💖

Participant

Dear Isocarb,
      This poem really touched me! I’m just beginning
      To accept his leaving . I know I have to find the courage
      To keep moving forward without my only child.
      Thank you for sharing.

Participant

Hello Isocarb,
      Love your poem. It speaks to a place of hope and fortitude and tells me you are on the best path in finding your way through this… what we call estrangement. Your words give me hope and echo some of the thoughts I have felt along the way. My favorite line is the ending: “Your absence will not define me!” Bravo to you!!

BirdwatcherBirdwatcher
      Participant

Isocarb,
      Your poem is lovely and I think you sound like a strong, determined person! I may need to read it everyday for a while!
      I’m not sure I’ll ever be the person I was before, in fact I know I won’t, because I’ll be less willing to be mistreated, and find it hard to trust. But the person I will be, is WAY stronger to have lived thru estrangement!
      (((Hugs)))
      Birdwatcher

Participant

Good for you Isocarb! Your poem is uplifting and forward thinking. You have the right attitude.

Participant

amen

ImovinonImovinon
      Participant

I love your poem, Isocarb! Especially the last verse, “Whenever you return, you will find me a fulfilled, happy version of myself. Your absence will not define me.”

I love it! I am working hard to be in that place whenever my ED returns – and even if she never does.
      💖💖💖

Participant

Lovely! So very much how I feel. I will always love my child no matter how bad he treats me, but I will not stand by an let him dictate my life. I love him and always have. He had a good life. I do not claim to be perfect but I will always welcome him with open arms as long as he is willing to treat me like the Mother I am. The Mother that loves him.

LostinadreamLostinadream
      Participant

Beautiful❤️ Thank you for sharing! Still searching for who I use to be, but I am slowly finding her again! Love and Light, Lostinadream

IsoIso
      Participant

Thank you all! I am not there yet. I will be striving to get to this place; a goal.

I joined this forum this past week. The poem was inspired while reading Sheri’s book and your posts. I think of having found this forum as a “miracle” for me. I was having a very tough few days. Last Tuesday, the 29th, was ES 28th Birthday; his first after the E 9 months ago. It rattled me more than I could have predicted or was prepared for; caught me completely off guard; still very rattled. The day before, the 28th, I came across an article written by Sheri, posted on Flipboard, ” Estrangement Doesn’t Just Happen To “Bad Mom’s” – It Happened To Me Too”. I had never heard of the term “Estrangement”, much less known there were so many of us in this predicament. I immediately joined the site and ordered Sheri’s book, which I received a few days later.
      Hugs,
      Isocarb

Participant

Beautiful poem! Love and Hugs to all. Rainbow

IsoIso
      Participant

Rainbow, thank you. I am finding myself reading the poem along with quotes I’ve copied and pasted. I am also reading Sheri;’s book. It is all helping.

I am so sorry for your estrangement. I pray every day for all of us here. For us to find peace, forward movement, and a new way of being happy and content with all of our other blessings.
      Big HUGS,
      Isocarb

wkgmomwkgmom
      Participant

Wonderful

Participant

Isocarb,

What a beautiful and uplifting poem, Thankyou

Great to see you are finding strength so early in your journey.
      Yes Sheri, her book and everyone on here will help you through this awful journey, they very much did me, I remember those early days well but can attest that the passage of time is a great healer.

I too am ready and waiting with open arms but will NOT be defined by this monster of estrangement and all it entails.
      Hugs
      Aly x

IsoIso
      Participant

Alyballybee – Thank you. It’s so comforting to know, from someone who has been living this journey, that the passage of time does heal with this too. Thank you for sharing this insight. My Dad, the rock of my family, passed away 14 years ago from leukemia. Every once in a while I can relate the feelings now, the grieving, sadness, despair, heartache, to those I had back then. And I know for a fact “time” was the healing ointment in overcoming his loss. I’ve wondered often if it would do the same with this…
      HUGS,
      Iso

foreverhopefulforeverhopeful
      Participant

Isocarb,
      Really beautiful and powerful. The hardest thing to do is to find a way to carry on with life and find happiness. I have been unhappy for a long time, I don’t want to put my life and happiness n hold anymore. we all deserve the best life has to offer.
      thanks for sharing your poem
      wishing you peace and happiness,

Foreverhopeful

Participant

Beautiful poem! Thank you!

IsoIso
      Participant

Foreverhopeful – Thank you. I am finding this way to move forward, to get “unstuck” the most difficult thing to do. I’ve been stuck for 9 months, It feels like I was in a fog all this time. The shared stories here are helping me a lot to make me see what I was not seeing and how distorted some of what I thought was. It is a process, and all of us are different in how it progresses. I have a lot to be happy for and I need to focus my emotional energy and on what I have to be happy for rather than on what I cannot control. I’ve done what I needed to do. I’ve been letting my ES know I love him, home is home, and he will aways be welcomed. Now it’s time for me to begin to move forward.

Bumblebee – thank you.

Big HUGS,
      Iso

RosesRredRosesRred
      Participant

Awesome! Exactly what we need to be reminded of.

IsoIso
      Participant

RosesRRed,
      Thank you. So glad we are all here for one another.
      Big HUGS,
      Iso

Participant

Beautiful poem ISO. Thank you for sharing.

Participant

That is precious <3

PASclubPASclub
      Participant

Yes! Thank you for sharing this. Healing for us all.

TheblueskyThebluesky
      Participant

Dear Iso, so lovely. And speaks volumes in not just what you are as a mother, but that of a beautiful human being.

A-New-DayA-New-Day
      Participant

Absolutely Beautiful!

Thank you so much for sharing this with us all. It is truly an inspiration.

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.